Thursday, December 10, 2015

Response to Yoko Ono

I found this performance art very interesting. Especially the last couple minutes where the man and the audience were laughing at how much he was cutting the fabric off her. I even giggled a little because he face showed signs of annoyance even though she was supposed to be emotionless. I felt bad after realizing there was nothing funny or amusing about it. It was actually very disturbing. It shows how often women are confronted with unwanted sexual behavior but brush it off. Also how instead of the audience making sounds of disgust they made sounds of amusement. The was the participants interacted with her also gave us a view of the kind of person they are. Some took their time unaware of being in front of a crowed and others rushed to get off the stage. I could relate to that with Carolina's happening project. I was so afraid to go up in front of everyone that I rushed and didn't think things through. This concept of undressing a person or adding to a person is really interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment